Customers and Partners Accelerate Time to Market and Improve Efficiency by Up to 60% with Cloud Services Built on NetApp
Cloud Services Built on NetApp - 02/07/2012
Leading Service Provider Program Nearly Doubles in Size in Six Months, Enables Partners to Increase Profits and Help Customers Succeed with NetApp
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — January 18, 2012 — Organizations worldwide are turning to cloud services to gain efficiencies and respond faster to today’s rapidly changing business demands. Service providers play a critical role in bringing cloud services to market and helping customers make strategic infrastructure decisions. Together, NetApp and its service provider partners have achieved proven success as trusted advisors to these customers. By collaborating with NetApp and its partners, customers are achieving accelerated business results with cloud solutions ranging from on-premise private cloud solutions to off-premise public cloud services.
NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that customers are reducing costs, managing business growth, and improving customer service with cloud services built on NetApp® technologies. These cloud services are delivered through a global ecosystem of service providers who benefit from the NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers
, which was the first of its kind in the storage industry
. Over the past six months, this global partner ecosystem has nearly doubled in size with the addition of more than 20 new partners; today it includes more than 50 service providers. In partnership with NetApp, these service providers deliver more than 90 innovative services that help customers accelerate and simplify their transition to private and public clouds.
"NetApp’s success in establishing a strong partner ecosystem has enabled many of our enterprise and midsize business customers to achieve greater value, speed, and efficiency by leveraging cloud services offered by partners participating in the NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers," said Julie Parrish, senior vice president, Global Partner Sales at NetApp. "NetApp is focused on collaborating with partners – not competing with them – to help them increase their revenue, grow their businesses, and help customers succeed in capitalizing on the opportunities that adoption of public and private cloud solutions offer."
Customers Accelerate Business with Cloud Services from NetApp Service Provider Partners
World-class service providers are collaborating with NetApp as their partner of choice to build, deploy, and sell differentiated cloud service offerings that help customers improve business outcomes.
BayGroup International Reduces Costs with Cloud Services from Quest
- BayGroup, a global negotiation and training company, reduced their IT spend up to 60% by storing all of their data and applications in a virtualized cloud environment. By using data protection as a -service from Quest, they’ve shifted 80% of their spending to operating expenses and now need fewer people to manage local services such as data storage, backup, recovery, and day-to-day maintenance.
- "Using Quest’s cloud service built on NetApp technologies, our savings have been tremendous," said Frank Lucido, director of information technology at BayGroup International. "Quest’s services are so proactive that we’ve liberated a full-time employee to focus instead on our core business-critical needs. Without Quest’s cloud services, BayGroup would need two additional full-time employees."
BlackLine Systems Manages Business Growth with Cloud Services from Rackspace
- BlackLine Systems provides a software as a service (SaaS) solution, which automates and controls the financial close process for Fortune 1000 companies. Their biggest challenge was scaling to meet the demands of an installed base that was growing at more than 100%, so they outsourced their IT infrastructure, using a Rackspace cloud service to rapidly expand their business without investing in their own IT infrastructure. The Rackspace hybrid cloud solution provided the enhanced security capabilities to overcome concerns with moving sensitive data outside their corporate firewalls.
- "Rackspace and NetApp know that in the SaaS world, you’re only in business if your application is up and running," said Mario Spanicciati, executive vice president of operations, BlackLine Systems. "We selected Rackspace as our cloud service provider for the company’s winning combination of premier hosting infrastructure and services coupled with an always-available and knowledgeable customer service organization – along with the confidence of knowing it’s all backed by a solid NetApp storage foundation. By working with Rackspace and NetApp, BlackLine is able to provide clients with a reliable, secure, high-performance enterprise-class SaaS application. This solution enabled BlackLine to grow and focus on the areas that were important to us, taking our business further and faster than we could have done on our own."
Loughborough University Accelerates Research Discovery with Cloud Services from Logicalis
- Loughborough University upgraded its data center to improve IT efficiency and support to its extensive community of academic researchers. The university turned to Logicalis to consolidate their existing data center, creating a local private cloud integrated with the Logicalis hosted cloud for data protection. One of first hybrid cloud environments in the UK, this innovative solution enables the university to free up resources to focus more on its core educational mission and produce more research in less time.
- "With our hybrid cloud solution from Logicalis based on NetApp technologies, we reduced our data center footprint by 80%," said Phil Richards, IT director of Loughborough University. "Power, cooling, and administrative expenses have been equivalently reduced, and we have increased the speed with which we serve the university community. With our old data center infrastructure, procuring IT support for new research projects took weeks. Our cloud now enables IT to act as a research accelerator. Faculty now receive IT infrastructure on demand, and this is making a major impact on time to discovery across the university."
Reinier de Graaf Groep Improves Patient Services with Cloud Services from Proact
- The Reinier de Graaf Groep in Delft is the oldest general hospital in the Netherlands. To improve the services that the hospital provides to patients and staff, the Reinier de Graaf Groep has undertaken a comprehensive digitization of its patient files, laboratory reports, and X-rays. In order to realize optimal data availability, a low operating load, predictable costs, and flexible storage and server capacity on a pay-per-use basis, Reinier de Graaf Groep selected infrastructure as a service (IaaS) from Proact Managed Cloud Services, based on the NetApp FlexPod™ data center solution.
- "By selecting Proact infrastructure as a service, the Reinier de Graaf Groep is assured of the continuous availability of its data, both internally and on external workstations," said Marcel Slingerland, manager, ICT Reinier de Graaf Groep. "For the ICT department, this means that they don’t have to worry about the entire storage and server infrastructure and can focus on core tasks that directly benefit business processes."
Village Roadshow Reduces Cost with Cloud Services from Interactive
- Village Roadshow Limited, of Melbourne Australia, is a leading international entertainment company with core businesses in theme parks, cinema exhibition, film distribution, film production, and music. Village Roadshow was quickly outgrowing its data center due to increasing requirements for storage to support its ticketing, Web sites, and distribution for film and DVD rental operations. With an infrastructure as-a-service solution from Interactive, Village Roadshow is managing its rapidly growing data volumes at a lower cost than an on-premise alternative.
- "Opting for Interactive’s managed cloud storage, based on NetApp technologies, is a great stepping stone to a full cloud computing solution and offers great cost savings to Village Roadshow in comparison to the capital investments to build or upgrade our own infrastructure," said David Kindlen, CIO of Village Roadshow. "I look forward to further developing a relationship where I can buy computing power and storage on demand from an organization I trust."
About the Program
- The NetApp Partner Program for Service Providers enables service provider partners to build differentiated, enterprise-class cloud service offerings and to operate profitably based on low-cost and predictable service levels.
- NetApp welcomes the following new service provider partners, who bring enhanced portfolios of services to our customers across multiple geographies: AAPT, Adapt, Artisan Infrastructure, BSNL-Sai Infosystems, ControlCircle, Datacom, dinCloud, Easy Street, Fujitsu Asia, Fujitsu Thailand, Heitech Managed Services, IT-LifeLine, K-Opti.com, KVH, NTT Europe, Phoenix NAP, Proact MCS, StratITsphere, Stratogen, Nihon Unisys, NSSOL, NS Solutions, Telus, Tokai Communication, Windstream, and Wipro.